Swidget

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pasta Primavera

So the pasta primavera was just OK last night. I honestly thought that it was going to be more like the Stouffer's skillet meal that has the pasta and veggies - Um, no. It wasn't bad though. Just different that I expected and that left me a little disappointed. On the plus side, it did help me use up some of my stockpile items - the Aloutte that was BOGO at Publix last week, pasta and frozen veggies. And that indeed is the goal, to use the stuff up!

So I thought that I would still post the recipe in case someone wanted it.

Pasta Primavera
12 oz. linguine or fettuccine
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
1 can diced plum tomatoes, drained (I omitted these)
3 scallions, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) Alouette Garlic & Herbs ( I used 1 and a 1/2)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 large chicken breast
Cook pasta according to directions on package, drain and set aside.
Add olive oil to pasta pot and saute chicken until cooked through. Set chicken aside. Add more olive oil if needed and saute vegetables, tomatoes and scallions over medium heat 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, chicken stock and Alouette, stirring until cheese melts. Add cooked chicken back in.
Add pasta back into pot. Toss to coat. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.

Enjoy

No comments: