Swidget

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Several things to update.....

So I taught a coupon class this past week and I felt like I left them with their heads spinning....Hey ladies!!! Couponing is confusing and slightly difficult when you start but I promise you that it gets easier and you will be a better woman for getting it under your belt! They had lots of good questions that I probably take for granted since I've been couponing so long. If anyone ever has any questions, don't hesitate to post a comment.

One thing that I forgot to mention during the class was Target. I LOVE Target!! It is one of my favorite places to shop with or without coupons. Twice a year, Target puts their toys on clearance. The sales happen in January and July. Like every other sale at Target, things start out at 30% and gradually move to 90%. Generally the last Thursday in July, the toys go from 50% off to 75% off. If there is anything left at your store then you can make out like a bandit!! I have no shame in admitting that I generally "stalk" Target during this time of the month! I was working in Tuscaloosa Wednesday so I stopped by after work, things were still 50% off although some people across the country were reporting on couponing boards that their stores were already at 75% off. I did buy Cade a Toy Story 3 Woody figurine and "cowboy belt" that was marked down to $7 but with much restraint I decided that I would wait until Saturday. My heart kinda sank when I left because I just knew I wouldn't be able to get back to Tuscaloosa until Saturday and thought most everything would be gone by then. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I went this morning and got over $130 worth of toys (mostly for my nieces) for around $20. I also found that most of the ladies summer shoes were clearanced. I got two pair of dress sandals for less than $4 each! So, if you are around a Target, check them out and see what you can find. Some of the brands clearanced were MegaBloks, Matchbox cars and sets, Kai Lan, Barbie, Play kitchen stuff, puzzles, games and Toy Story stuff. My one piece of advice is that you shouldn't just go by the sticker price - use the self scanner! I found lots of stuff at 75% off that wasn't marked.

There are several good things at Publix this week. I hope you got some of them. Pop Tarts, Kraft Mac n Cheese, Cottonelle toilet paper, GM Cereal, Solo paper plates, Stouffers meals....Since there aren't many more shopping days in this sales cycle, I wont post the hot deals. Check out Iheartpublix or Hotcouponworld to see the hottest deals this week. The new ad starting 8/4 should be posted tomorrow on Hotcouponworld.

Hope you guys have a great week!!

No comments: