Swidget

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Need Peanut Butter?

CVS has a deal this week on skippy peanut butter. Peanut butter is devoured in this house like nobody's business so I stocked up!

The Peanut butter is priced 3/$5 and when you buy $10 worth of Skippy, Ragu and/or Lipton (i think) you get a $3 ECB. There are .40/1 and .50/1 Skippy coupons in today's Red Plum insert depending on what area of the country you are in. Here is my suggestion. Order 6 of the Skippy coupons from The Coupon Master or The Coupon Clippers  and your order will look like this....

6 Skippy PB - $10
Minus (6) .50/1 coupons - $3.00
Pay $7 OOP and earn $3 back in ECB's

So ultimately you paid $4 for 6 jars of PB. Of course if you already have any ECB's then your OOP would be lower. Also, if you are going to order coupons, you need to order them today to ensure that you get them before the sale ends.

I didn't use any coupons but I did have some ECB's to burn so I used those. The jars I got didn't expire until 5/11 - not that they will make it 2 months here!

The Johnson and Johnson deal on bandaids is good too. With a toddler, you can never have too many bandaids. The deal is, purchase $10 worth of J&J products and get $5 in ECB's back. The kids bandaids are $3.49 here so I bought 3 and got back $5. Essentially 3 packs of bandaids for $5.

Hope you guys find some good deals this week.

No comments: