Swidget

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nice Publix Run!

So I haven't posted in a while but do have some brags from this weekend.....Publix had great sale this past week (ends today). Two of the deals that I took advantage of were Skippy Peanut Butter and Starkist Seasations frozen fish fillets. My household eats peanut butter like crazy so I bought 14 jars so far and got a rain check for 10 at one store that was out. I know you are probably thinking "14??!!" but the expiration dates are into 2010 and at .45 cents a jar after coupons, that is a great deal! The Starkist fish fillets were on sale for $3 and there were $3 coupons out making them FREE! Cant beat Free! A co-worker and I split a coupon order off eBay and I got 15 boxes. So at one store I got 15 boxes of fish, 12 jars of PB, 1 box of Teddy Grahams for my child and a bag of jelly beans (total impulse buy) for $8.47!!! I saved $120.82! Craziness I tell you!

I also discovered a new website over the past few weeks - Once A Month Mom. The website looks really cool. The point is to cook about a month's worth of meals on one day, freeze them and then pull them out as you need them. That would come in really handy when I have to work late and even at times when I don't and just want to play with my child instead of cooking an elaborate meal. I talked to my sister about it and we are thinking that we may try a mini version of this next month. Maybe do half a month's worth. We'll see and I will update as it happens...LOL!

I have also discovered a site called I'm an Organizing Junkie. I must confess that I am not nearly as organized as I would like to be but I am aspiring to be after looking at this website. I actually came upon the site after doing a search for meal planning. The website does a thing called Menu Plan Monday where people plan their menus out for the week. I think it is a great place to get menu ideas. I didn't necessarily plan my menus for the week but I did plan about 23 meals based around things I have in my freezer or pantry. This way I can just look at my list and make something from it knowing that I already have all the ingredients. Maybe I can slowly get to the point where I plan my menus each week. We'll see....

I checked out the Publix preview for the ad starting tomorrow...Nothing looks very promising right now but that's OK, I really don't "need" anything, its just fun to see what I can walk away with dirt cheap!

Hope you all are having a great start to a beautiful week. I'll try to pop back in when I find another deal!

No comments: